VIT University for the past 30 years has made a mark in the field of higher education in India imparting quality education in a multi-cultural ambience, intertwined with extensive application-oriented research. VIT University was established with the aim to provide quality higher education on par with International Standards. It persistently seeks and adopts innovative methods to improve the quality of higher education on a consistent basis. Established by well-known educationalist and former parliamentarian, Dr. G. Viswanathan, Founder and Chancellor, a visionary who transformed VIT into a center of excellence in higher technical education.
VIT Chennai is ably spearheaded by Mr. Sankar Viswanathan, Vice President, Ms. Kadhambari S. Viswanathan, Assistant Vice President, and Dr. Anand A. Samuel, Vice Chancellor Dr. P. Gunasekaran, Pro Vice Chancellor. They share in the mission to make VIT a global center.
- To maximize the Industrial connectivity
- To create Centers of Excellence in contemporary areas of research
- To enrich Technological and Managerial Human Capital nurtured in a multicultural ambience
- To provide a common platform for the agglomeration of ideas of personnel from various walks of life for learning enrichment
- To create opportunities and exploit the available resources to benefit industry/society
- To encourage participation in the National Agenda of knowledge building
- To foster International collaborations for mutual benefits in areas of research.